Aluminium, iron and steel garden gates
Price (£) Reset
Height () Reset
Length () Reset
Type of product Reset
57 products found
- 46 %
Metal Garden Gate Galvanised Fence With Lock 200 x 106 x 6cm GGD200G
- 46 %
Outdoor garden door, garden gate, courtyard fence door, with lock, 125 x 106cm, item number: GGD175G
- 16 %
Fence Gate Single Door with Spike Top Steel 1x1 m Black
- 16 %
Fence Gate Single Door with Arched Top Steel 1x1.5 m Black
Aluminium, iron and steel garden gates : make the right choiceSide gates are used to allow people on foot to enter or exit a property. Installing a side gate prevents you from having to open up your main gate every time someone leaves. They can also add a decorative touch to your outdoor space.
Side gates offer the following characteristics:
- they swing open and are made up of a single leaf;
- they differ in size and shape;
- they can be automated.
Side gates can be made of various materials, each of which offers its own set of advantages.
- Aluminium models are stylish and may bring a touch of modernity to your outdoor décor. They are also rust-resistant. In terms of maintenance, they require no more than a regular wash with warm water.
- Wrought iron gates are chosen for their strength. These models enhance the security of your home. However, they must be given a rust-resistant treatment.
- Galvanised steel doors are weatherproof.
Side gates differ in terms of shape and the design of their top:
- straight top gates are the most common choice;
- an arched top gate is curved upwards;
- an angled top is a good alternative to a rectangular shape;
- the gate leaf may bebarred, half-barred or solid.
Consider the following tips when installing a side gate.
- It is recommended to consult your local authority before installation. This will provide you with information on any specific regulations in your area.
- The gate pillars must be strong enough to withstand opening and closing throughout the year.
- Your gate must be adjusted to close with precision. There should be no kind of friction impairing its movement.
You should think about aesthetics as well as safety when choosing a side gate. A model that matches your main gate (in terms of shape, material, top design and colour) is advised in order to create a cohesive look.