Gledhill, the cylinder specialist, has developed the new circular PulsaCoil Stainless range, a thermal storage cylinder manufactured from high corrosion resistant stainless steel, providing mains pressure hot water utilising off-peak electric, specifically designed for use in apartments.
The PulsaCoil Stainless is an open vented direct thermal store, which does not require a pressure and temperature relief valve and subsequently does not need any discharge pipe work. It therefore overcomes the requirement of the Part G Building Regulations which prohibits the connection of a discharge pipe from an unvented cylinder into a soil stack.
The domestic hot water is generated via a highly efficient plate heat exchanger. As hot water is demanded, it is mains cold water which is instantaneously heated as it passes through the heat exchanger and delivered to the taps. This method of generating the hot water completely removes the risk of Legionella. The innovative design helps make installation and on going maintenance straight forward for the installer.
Other benefits of the PulsaCoil Stainless include the fact that the immersion elements are situated in the same primary water at all times and this water is not renewed so no scaling takes place, even in hard water areas. As the cylinder can utilise the off-peak electricity supply it keeps the running costs for the householder down to a minimum.
Pulsacoil Stainless thermal stores do not require any annual maintenance, unlike with an unvented cylinder.
- ErP Rating: C
- Heat Loss: 55 Watts & 1.78 kWh/24hr
- Unit Height: 1300mm
- Min cupboard height: 1770 mm
- Min cupboard Width: 670mm
- Min cupboard depth: 650 mm
- Unit Diameter: 550mm
- Weight (empty): 39 kg
- Weight (full): 220 kg
- Thermal store volume: 181 L
- Domestic hot water volume (above 40 degrees): 154 L
- Maximum DHW Pressure: 5 bar
- Immersion Heater
- 5 year's guarantee from manufacturer
- Circular feed and expansion tank, with improved aesthetics and reduction in height compared to previous rectangular option
- Full insulation over pipework and plate heat exchanger
- Provides mains pressure hot water
- Maximises the benefit of available off-peak electricity tariffs
- No annual maintenance or safety check requirement
- No discharge pipework
- Hot water is generated by passing mains cold water through a plate heat exchanger, eliminating any risk of Legionella
- Option to use secondary heat source
- No G3 qualification requirement for installation