Leo Minor (The Little Lion) has been specifically designed for all outdoor enthusiasts, forest schools, scout and guide groups, for functional cooking use in a more rugged outdoor environment.
Leo Minor is constructed from 7 accurately cut plates that each interlock and slot together to create a self-supporting structure. Inserting two stainless steel lynch pins in each of the side plates creates a completely solid and safe mini barbeque structure.
Once sited on a stable level surface, pans, kettles and skillets can also be used to cook over the Leo Minor grill area.
Leo Minor has been designed for maximum functionality in use, with a minimal flat pack footprint for ultimate compact storage in your campervan, car, boat, canoe, kayak, backpack or motorcycle panniers.
We suggest use in outdoor pursuits such camping, cycling, hiking, kayak trips, fishing expeditions, and also for general beach/seaside days out. Due to its extreme hygiene, environmental resistance, functionality, simple transportation and minimal biodegradable waste (ash) it is an extremely functional and ecological travel companion.
The Leo Minor Flat Pack Barbeque has been designed for use with small to medium pieces of lump wood and briquette charcoal to cook edible food. We advise preparing about 0.5kg of charcoal available per cook session. Smoking chips are a perfect addition to the embers to give you your perfect smoke flavour intensity.
We advise the use of wood wool twisted firelighters to start your table barbeque grill. We do not recommend using paraffin-based fire cubes due to the toxins involved in manufacture.
Thin pieces of wood kindling can also be used as fire starter fuel but during live flame it may be likely to be too hot to cook on, due to the initial intense heat release of wood. Creating a bed of embers with wood (and charcoal) to then cook over is idea.
The Leo Minor Flat Pack Barbeque assembly build time is within 2 minutes from flat pack to complete assembly. The construction takes shape by interlocking certain plates together to support each other and then securing the side plates with lynch pins for ultimate safety during barbeque and food cooking use.
All relevant assembly instructions for the most efficient build process is supplied with each product pack.
- All materials are smooth edged heavy gauge 304 stainless steel plates for robust strength, complete corrosion protection, ultimate food hygiene and easy clean and pack down
- All Leo Minor parts are supplied in flat pack mode in a compact canvas zip lock case weighing 8.5 kg with a dimensional footprint of 37cm x 28cm x 4cm
- In the assembled mode, the Leo Minor dimensions are 23cm wide x 23cm deep x 31cm high
- Effective grill surface area of 23cm x 23cm (for 2 people)
- Hybrid chapa/grill plate to cook foods at different intensities
- Removable hybrid grill/chapa plate for fuel loading and for cleaning embers and ash
- Internal ash plate, reduces low surface heat burn & collects fallen ash and embers
- Stencil stylised cut out features, to increase air flow, coal and flame visibility and maximise heat radiation
Specification (Flat Pack Format):
- Width: 28cm
- Depth: 37cm
- Height: 2cm
- Weight: 8.5 Kg
- Width: 23cm
- Depth: 23cm
- Height: 31cm
Always ensure charcoal burning products are used safely, on solid stable ground, with no loose combustible materials in close proximity.
When you need something functional, robust and rugged to cook on, that takes up little volume and space during travel, the Leo Minor Flat Pack Barbeque is your faithful companion.
. . 10#