- Home automation, motorisation and security
- Electronic component
- Light Stitches Muscle Wire with Ring Terminals
Electronic wire in 150mm lengths which can expand or contract, ideal for smart textiles and model-making projects.
On passing a current through the muscle wire the composition of the wire changes which makes it contract. This movement can be increased by the use of levers etc to produce moving parts within models.
- Muscle wire (also known as smart wire and nitinol wire) with crimped copper ring terminals
- Fitted copper ring terminals make model making simple
- Wires can easily be soldered on to the copper ring terminals
- Muscle wire can be repeatedly used
- Movement can also be controlled using a 555 timer circuit with a supply voltage of 4.5V, this allows the correct 3V to operate the muscle wire
- Movement can also be controlled using PIC chips to activate and de-activate the muscle wire using the correct 3V supply
- Approximate diameter 0.015mm (0.006in.)
- Supplied in packs of 5
- ManoMano ReferenceME14893213
- Warranty1 years