- Compatible with WC and wash basin.
- Suitable for domestic applications.
A standard household usually has only one WC / bathroom that has just a single soil pipe to take the waste away and that is normally at the back of the house. Therefore, if you are looking to install a shower in a basement renovation, an ensuite bathroom, or a cloakroom toilet under the stairs, but don’t have direct access to the conventional drainage system, then macerator pumping systems offer the optimal solution.
A macerator is an appliance which grinds up waste into smaller pieces and then turns it into a slurry. This makes it easier to pump into the sewage system. They give you the freedom to install a WC and basin in any situation where it is either impossible or impractical to install a conventional gravity based waste discharge pipework.
Macerators are used even as far as Antarctica. Research stations with an average summer population of more than 30 inhabitants must use them as a minimum treatment level before waste can be discarded into the sea.
You may worry that they encourage bad smells in the bathroom or might be difficult to clean but as long as the unit is used and installed correctly you will not get any nasty surprises.
The macerator is automatically activated by incoming water. The water is forced through the discharge pipe and then the non-return valves. These prevent the water from returning back into the unit.
Normal WC cleaners are compatible for general cleaning purposes. Brands which create high amounts of foam should be avoided as they could cause temporary difficulties in the pumping operation.
Features and Benefits for the Saniflo Saniaccess 3 Macerator Pump:
- Suitable for bathrooms with an IP44 rating.
- Suitable for connecting to and removing waste from a number of appliances in an ensuite such as a WC, a washbasin, a shower and bidet.
- Saniflo units are usually installed behind a WC with a horizontal outlet spigot which conforms to BS EN 33 or 37.
- Designed for easy servicing through convenient covers on the unit and easy maintenance without the need to remove the unit.
- Night time noisy macerators is a thing of the past with the Saniaccess 3. It uses noise reducing technology with only a 45dB noise level.
- Two low level side connection inlets, one of which can be bunged if the unit is only required for a single use.
- Suitable for new installations.
Unit Technical Data:
- Average temperature: 35 Degrees Centigrade
- Electrical Supply: 220-240 /50
- Iso: EN 12050-3
- Wattage: 400w
- Motor RPM-2800 RPM
- Discharge pipe diameter: 22/28/32mm
- Vertical Discharge: 5m
- Horizontal Discharge: 100m
- Height: 333mm
- Width: 494mm
- Depth: 169mm