- Suitable for cloakrooms, utility rooms and basements.
- Suitable for domestic applications.
In a typical home there is usually only one bathroom that uses just a single soil pipe to take any waste water away. These are normally situated at the back of the house. If you’re looking to install a new water utilising appliance like a cloakroom toilet or shower, but don’t have direct access to the standard drainage system, then fitting a macerator is the ideal solution for you.
A macerator is a device that effectively chops up waste into small pieces and slurry to allow easier pumping into the sewage system. They give you the opportunity to install a WC and basin in any situation where it is either impossible or impractical to install a conventional gravity based waste discharge pipework.
Macerators are used even as far as Antarctica. Research stations with an average summer population of more than 30 inhabitants must use them as a minimum treatment level before waste can be discarded into the sea.
You may worry that they encourage bad smells in the bathroom or might be difficult to clean but as long as the unit is used and installed correctly you will not get any nasty surprises.
The macerator is automatically activated by incoming water. The water is forced through the discharge pipe and then the non-return valves. These prevent the water from returning back into the unit.
Normal WC cleaners are compatible for general cleaning purposes. Brands which create high amounts of foam should be avoided as they could cause temporary difficulties in the pumping operation.
Features and Benefits for the Saniflo Saniaccess 2 Macerator Pump:
- Compatible with WC and wash basin.
- Saniflo units are normally situated behind a WC with a horizontal outlet spigot which conforms to BS EN 33 or 37.
- Easy service access through the top of the unit and easy maintenance without the need to remove the unit.
- Sufficient to remove waste from a toilet and a wash hand basin.
- There’s no need to be afraid that using it at night will wake the entire house as the Saniaccess 2 uses quiet technology with only a 45dB noise level.
- Two high level side connection inlets, one of which can be plugged if the unit is only required for a single use.
Unit Technical Data:
- Suitable for bathrooms with an IP44 rating
- Average temperature: 35 Degrees Centigrade
- Electrical Supply: 220-240 /50
- Iso: EN 12050-3
- Wattage: 400w
- Motor RPM-2800 RPM
- Discharge pipe diameter: 22/28/32mm
- Vertical Discharge: 5m
- Horizontal Discharge: 100m
- Height: 330mm
- Width: 424mm
- Depth: 166mm