What the seller has to say
« At Leading Brands 4U we are focused on bringing you the best range of branded products to market with the best prices. We buy direct from the manufacturers to get you the best prices. We have a team of over 100 people who deliver this amazing range of products which is constantly being updated and prices cut. All orders are dispatched from our Distribution Centre in Manchester. We strive to deliver your items before the expected date and have a friendly customer service team to handle all your enquiries. Keep checking back for new deals! »
Your personal information is very important to us; we value your privacy and we safeguard all Personal and User Information. We fully comply to all GDPR and Consumer Legislation.
The policy also details how we’ll store your details safely and securely. Please read this policy carefully noting that we (LHR Holding Limited) reserve the right to disclose your information only in the circumstances set out below. Please note we may at times update this policy notice from time to time, but where there are significant changes we will update you via email.
What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
If you sign up to an account or if you buy products or services from the website then we will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number, date of birth as well as your credit/debit card details and billing address. We will also keep a register of your product selection(s) and order history and an encrypted record of your login details.
We will use this information to administer an account with us, check for fraud, complete your purchase(s), and complete delivery to your address. Our assigned delivery company will be handed details of your specified delivery address and our payment gateway provider will directly administer your billing address and any debit/credit card details that you provide. We do not hold your payment details after the transaction has occurred through the payment gateway. We will retain a record of your purchasing history. You can access and edit your Personal Information through the ‘My account’ section of the website.
If you buy products from one of our stores and require home delivery then we will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, delivery address, and contact details.
We collect your data when you:
• When you visit our stores or website.
• When you make a purchase on the website, we collect transactional data even when you use our Guest Checkout.
• When you create an account with us.
• When you use the Contact Us page or send us an email.
• When you ask us to contact you regarding using the ‘email me when back in stock’ function.
• When you engage with us on social media, enter any competitions, view our posts or send us any direct messages.
• When you sign up to our mailing list Newsletter or any in store or online competitions.
• When you review our service or leave comments regarding our stores or services.
From your use of www.tjhughes.co.uk
By browsing our website, you consent to our placement of cookies on to your browser, unless you have chosen to disable Cookies via your browser.
Your internet service provider gives your device a number an IP address, which enables your device to connect to the internet. We use this number to collect information about visitor traffic to our website and to serve advertisements to you based on your browsing history. Please note it is your choice of whether or not you share personal details with you.
We are able to obtain User Information about where you are on the internet, which URL you came from, your domain type, your browser type, device, the city, and the country you are based in, your gender, age range and interests, and where you go to next on your browsing journey. We can also see which pages you visited on your journey through our website, which advertisements you clicked on, the time you spend on our website and any search terms you use on the ‘search’ bar. We collect this data whether or not you go on to make a purchase or set up an account with us.
Personal data you share with us
We ask you for certain personal data when you order from us, including when you purchase from the website or in-store, as well as when you sign up to our mailing list.
The information we ask for you to share with us includes but is not limited to:
• Name (including title)
• Delivery address
• Billing address
• Payment card details
• Phone number
• Date of birth
• Email address
Personal data we collect about you
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
• The date and time you used our services.
• The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for.
• The products you viewed or added to your basket.
• Your IP address.
• Your location (where you have permitted access to this).
• The Internet browser and devices you are using.
• Any information within correspondence you send to us.
• Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directory).
How and why do we collect your data?
We confirm that any personal information that you provide to us or any user information that we can identify you from is held in accordance with the Data Commissioner’s Office and we use said data for the following purposes:
• To administer this website
• To prevent fraudulent activity and keep our site secure.
• To process your payments.
• To process and deliver your order(s) to you.
• As statistical information to improve this website and service(s) to you.
• To serve web content and advertisements to you.
• To contact you specifically to leave a service and/or product review 7 - 14 days after your order has been placed.
• To respond to your queries, reviews or complaints. Please note that we keep a record of our contact with you for any future communication with us to provide you with the best customer service.
• To inform you of any updates to your order or of any abandoned purchases.
• To send you delivery notifications.
• To notify you, with your given consent, of any products, events, special offers or competitions that may be of interest to you via our newsletters or email alerts.
• To notify you of a change in service or policy.
• To improve our site so that it is presented to you in the most effective way for your device.
• To measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and marketing.
We will collect Personal Information from you in our stores when you
• When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone.
• When you request home delivery for an item purchased in store.
• When you contact our stores by any means with queries, complaints etc. or leave a review online.
• When you ask one of our stores to contact you about a product or service.
• When you enter prize draws or competitions.
• When you use our car parks, loading bays and stores which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and staff.
Where we have your contact details, and you have subscribed to our marketing services, we may be in touch with details of our products or services including special offers, discounts and competitions. At any time, you can unsubscribe to these services by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every marketing email.
We may use your information in order to personalise or improve your experience of our website.
Who do we share your information with?
Some of our services require other partners to process. We may need to share your information in order for our partners to perform these activities i.e. verify that a transaction is not fraudulent, administer your card payment, and deliver your items to you. These companies adhere to all the same GDPR legal obligations with regard to safeguarding your information however we will remain responsible by contractual agreement for what they do with all information.
We are entitled to share your Personal or User Information if we are requested to do so by the police or any other regulatory body or government authority investigating any illegal activities.
• We only share data with trusted third parties.
• We only share specific data that is relevant for them to perform their specific service to you.
• These third parties may only use data for the agreed service specified in our contract of business to them.
• Upon the end of our contractual tenure with these third parties the data is deleted.
Third parties include our payment provider, IT companies who support our website and business, operational and delivery companies, our platform provider and marketing agencies who help provide direct communications to you, Google/Facebook to show you adverts and products that may interest you during your browsing time (nb. this is based upon your consent for marketing or by accepting the cookies on our website). You may opt out of Google advertising cookies by following this link https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (we are not responsible for the content in external sites).
We only share data with third parties for their own use when:
• We are obliged to disclose your personal data through police, government or any other regulatory body upon request.
• When you consent to their direct marketing through your specific consent.
• For fraud management, we may share your data for fraud management on any of our business systems or premises.
We currently use the following third party companies who will process your data as part of their service to us
• Google (all services including maps, adwords, tag manager, analytics)
• Doubleclick.net (this is a third-party advertising cookie owned by Google that makes it money from online advertisers and publishers).
• Visualsoft Limited ( this is our platform provider)
• Salesfire ( This is a program that controls our on-site pop-ups)
• Trustpilot ( This is our site and service reviewer, to collect your thoughts on our service so we can make improvements)
• Hit Search Limited
• ControQ (This is a system that controls our traffic to the site when our site is busy)
Operational Overview - who do we share your data with?
We hand over your name, contact and delivery address details to our assigned delivery companies. It may also be necessary for our assigned delivery partner to take a photo of the outside of your property to assure you we were in the right location at the right time to fulfil your order. This photograph will not be published nor circulated or used for any other purpose than to verify a delivery was made or attempted at your address.
Currently we use the following couriers and hand over your personal details as part of their contractual agreement with us to fulfil and deliver your order:
• DHL Parcel UK Limited
• Royal Mail
Where is your data processed?
We do not process your data outside of the European Economic Area.
How long do we store your data?
We’ll only keep your data for as long as it necessary to fulfil our services and no longer than is necessary for the purpose in which is the personal data processed. At the end of that period the data will be permanently deleted so it cannot be used for any business related activity or purpose.
Our website is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certified. SSL is a transparent protocol. You can tell if a site is using SSL when a padlock is displayed or the address bar showing the URL as HTTPS instead of HTTP. SSL encrypts the data sent between your web browser and the terminating server.
Our website is PCI DSS compliant. All payment details are encrypted and handed over directly to Barclaycard payment gateway and are not held anywhere. PCI DSS compliance ensures there are no vulnerabilities within the browser and on the physical server itself.
What choices do you have?
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe to these services, by clicking the unsubscribe link in any TJ Hughes email.
If you don’t want cookies to track you then the Information Commissioners website has some helpful suggestions https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ .
Please note that this link and any other links from this site to external websites are compliant to their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites and their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can choose how we communicate with you, but there are certain communications which are necessary for the operation of this website or which we are required to send by law, and you cannot opt out of these.
You have the right to:
• Access all personal data we have on you, free of charge in most cases.
• Correct all personal data where it is incorrect or out of date.
• Request full deletion of the personal data we hold about you.
• Withdraw consent of the use of your personal data and request that we stop using your personal data whereby legitimate interest is not valid.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
If you want to see what information we hold about you, withdraw consent or want to correct any inaccuracies in that information please contact us using the details below.