What the seller has to say
« Comfy Living prides itself on its excellent prices and customer service. We have a dedicated customer service team on hand to take queries by telephone or email. Our office hours are: Monday - Friday 9am - 5 pm, 10am-4pm weekends. We don’t believe that you will find a better deal anywhere else. Most of our products are stock items and so delivery on these products will be next working day. We offer a full one year guarantee with all products on our website and a 7 day money back guarantee with all products. See our terms and conditions for details. Free delivery is for everthing for sale on the site, mattresses, beds, futons and bedroom furnishings anywhere mainland UK, with 99% of the deliveries carried out the next working day. All of our mattresses conform to British Standard BS7177 and our products comply with all UK Fire Retardent regulations. All prices include 20% VAT - Registration Number GB870022361 »
Ben Gair, Director
Here at Comfy Living we hope that you are satisfied with your purchase and offer you 30 days, starting from the day after you receive your delivery, in which you can cancel your order should you not be completely satisfied.
We can only accept products for return with their original packaging in the condition they were delivered.
General Returns (See below for flat packed furniture)
As with nearly all retailers WE are unable to accept "used" mattresses for return for health and hygiene reasons. By used we mean mattresses that have been removed from their original packaging. Therefore we would strongly advise that customers that buy mattresses try them on their beds with the packaging on them first, and only remove the packaging when you are completely sure that you are happy with the product.
In the unlikely event of your item being delivered in a damaged condition please mark the Proof Of Delivery (POD) or sheet that you sign for the delivery as "DAMAGED" in the section that reads RECEIVED IN GOOD CONDITION and refuse the delivery. Should you find damage after delivery, please send a photograph of the damage to [email protected] together with your name, order number and postcode to enable us to collect for free and assist you in either sending replacement parts.
The Buyer may cancel their order at any time between its placement and up to thirty days after its delivery. After delivery and up until the 30th day, we charge £30 to collect which will be deducted from the refund costs. If you cancel an order before it has been dispatched, there is no charge. In the event it is cancelled on the day of delivery, or the Buyer refuses delivery, a £15 failed delivery charge may apply to the Buyer. If unhappy with their goods, the Buyer can return them within 30 days of the delivery, but must contact the Seller's customer service department for an authorisation email.The Buyer can either arrange to return the goods himself to the Supplier at his own cost and risk, or he may ask the Seller to collect the goods in which case he will be charged £30. This will be deducted from his refund.The Buyer must return goods to the Seller in the same condition they were in at the time of delivery; in the original packaging.
In the event the goods are deemed to be not adequately packaged, the Seller can refuse collection and the Buyer may be subject to a £15 refused delivery charge. This charge will also apply if the Buyer, for whatever reason, does not have the goods available for collection at the Buyer/Seller agreed time and date. Refunds will be issued after reciept of the returned goods, after they have been inspected for damage. They will happen within 30 days of the return. In the event the goods are returned damaged, the Seller can withhold the refund amount, if part or total.
Please however be aware of the following:
When goods have been returned to the supplier warehouse they will be inspected, once inspected and accepted refunds can take up to 14 days to process. In the event you have a query relating to your refund then please call 01278 788448 where we will be happy to help.
Flat packed furniture
As with nearly all furniture retailers we are unable to accept flat packed furniture that has been erected or semi-erected.
Please contact us for details on 01278 788448 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm ,Weekends 10am-4pm
Faulty items and your consumer rights - full information from the UK's DirectGov website can be found here.
Any item you buy from a trader (eg shop or online shop) must be:
• Of satisfactory quality
• Fit for purpose
• As described
If it isn’t, the item is faulty and you can usually get one of the following:
• Repair or replacement parts to facilitate repair
• Refund (refund only applies if the item has been in place before 30 days after date of delivery)
If you have any queries relating to the above then please do not hesitate to contact us via email with any queries at [email protected]
Shipping arrangements & information on delivery fees:
Free delivery on all products *conditions apply*
Delivery excludes the following postcodes in the Isle of Man:
Delivery excludes the following postcodes in the Channel Islands:
Delivery excludes the following postcodes in Northern Ireland:
Delivery excludes the following postcodes in the Scottish Islands:
• KA 27-28
• PH 41-44
• PA 20, 40-80
• KW 15-17
• IV 41-51, 55, 56
Delivery excludes the following postcodes in the Scottish Highlands:
• KW 1-14
• IV 1-40, 52-54
• PH 19-40
• PA 21-38
SECTION 1 - GENERAL INFORMATION
Comfy Living Limited, (referred to in this Privacy Notice as we, us, or our) is a controller and processor for the personal information that it collects and uses about you. Our contact details are set out in section 12 of this Privacy Notice. Any reference in this Privacy Notice to you or your refers to anyone whose personal information we process. This Privacy Notice is to inform you how we will use your personal information, the legal basis which allows us to use your personal information, how we share your personal information and inform you of your rights in accordance with the laws in place that protect your personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Direction Regulations 2003) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and any subsequent data protection legislation which is implemented in the United Kingdom (together, "Data Protection Legislation").
We will treat all of your personal information as confidential and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We keep this Privacy Notice up to date, so if there are any changes to the way in which your personal information is used this Privacy Notice will be updated and we will ensure a notice of such changes is displayed on our website homepage for a reasonable period of time.
Comfy Living Limited operates under a number of different brands and this Privacy Notice applies to those brands.
2 How to use this Privacy Notice
Section 1: general information applicable to all individuals;
Section 2: information only applicable to actual customers who purchase a product from us. We do not collect information on visitors to our website who do not purchase from us.
Please note, in the event you use the Website services offered by us and purchase a product from us, all sections of this Privacy Notice will be applicable to you. If you have any questions as to what sections of this Privacy Notice are relevant to you, please contact our Privacy Officer via [email protected] for more information.
3 What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that tells you something about a living individual. This could include information such as name, contact details, address and bank account details.
4 For how long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for 7 years commencing on the date of our last transaction with you to comply with our regulatory obligations. Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our retention policy, your rights under Data Protection Legislation and in line with our regulatory obligations. Any personal information will be deleted in accordance with our data retention policy.
5 What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under Data Protection Legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection legislation. We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal information:
• where you have provided consent for us to process your personal information;
• where processing is necessary to enable us to perform our contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract with you at your request;
• where we need to comply with a legal obligation; and
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (of those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
In some cases we will need your consent to obtain and use your personal information. When this is the case, we will ask for your consent and we will explain why we need the personal information at the time when we ask for your consent. If we are relying on consent, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
6 How do we share your personal information?
We will keep your personal information confidential and only share it with others for the purposes set out below and elsewhere in this Privacy Notice.
We will share your personal information in the following ways:
• we share your personal information with any person working within the business on a need to know basis to ensure we are able to perform our obligations to you;
• we share your personal information with any organisation which you have given us permission to share it with;
• we share your personal information with any organisation which we have sub-contracted or engaged to provide services on our behalf including software providers and hosts, postal fulfilment, hauliers for product deliveries, enquiry management, tax compliance, legal and audit and payment processing.
• we pass your personal information to selected third parties and agents who provide administrative support to us and who agree to only hold such personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and under strict conditions to safeguard your personal information;
• we share personal information with our regulators and law enforcement authorities and with courts, tribunals and arbitrators in order to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations; and
• we share personal information in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of our business.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
8 Recording telephone calls
Telephone calls into and out of our business are not recorded other than answerphone messages which are deleted once listened to.
9 Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
• Be informed about how we use your personal information;
• Obtain access to your personal information that we hold;
• Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
• Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
• If we are continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
o If we are relying on consent as the legal basis for processing the personal information and you withdraw consent;
o If we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing the personal information and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us continue with the processing;
o If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation); or
o If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
• Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
o Personal information is inaccurate;
o Our processing of your personal information is unlawful;
o Where we no longer need the personal information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
o Where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information;
• Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information;
• Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
• Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please write to use at [email protected] The tables at the end of this notice provide more detail about the personal information that we use, the legal basis that we rely on in each case and your rights.
10 Processing your personal information based on consent - Marketing
We will not use your personal information for marketing.
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact our Privacy Team who will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in your country (the Information Commissioner in the UK) via their website www.ico.org.uk. If you need more information about how to contact your local data protection authority please let us know by contacting [email protected], call 01278 788448 or write to us at Briarswood Business Park, Commerce Way, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 4AG.
12 Contact details
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding any aspect of this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Privacy Officer, Briarswood Business Park, Commerce Way, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 4AG or via email, at [email protected]
SECTION 2 - ACTUAL CUSTOMERS
1 How do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information about you from various sources including:
• through the provision of a sale of a product;
• the personal information you provide us when any contact is made with you (by way of telephone call, email or by any other means) in accordance with the provision of our services;
• any personal information we already hold about you;
2 What personal information do we collect during the potential or actual sale of a product?
We collect the following types of personal information:
• your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number;
• bank details;
• details of any contact made with you (either initiated by us or by yourself);
If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a colleague, we will assume you have their permission to do so, and their data will also be subject to this Privacy Notice.
3 For what purposes do we use your personal information during a potential or actual sale of a product?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our services to you and to manage our business;
• to comply with our legal obligations and professional codes and to identify, prevent or detect fraud or other crimes; and
• in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation, restructuring or similar change to our organisation.
4 Using your personal information for profiling/automated decision making
We do not use your personal information for profiling or for automated decision making.
If you change your mind
You have 14 days to change your mind. The product must not be used, be in good condition, and in its original packaging. Don't forget that the return costs will be at your charge. Once the merchant receives your parcel, you will be refunded within 14 days.
How to return a product?
It's easy! contact the seller from "My orders", who will send you the return instructions.
Comfy Living prides itself on its excellent prices and customer service. We have a dedicated customer service team on hand to take queries by telephone or email. Our office hours are: Monday - Friday 9am - 5 pm, 10am-4pm weekends.
We don’t believe that you will find a better deal anywhere else. Most of our products are stock items and so delivery on these products will be next working day. We offer a full one year guarantee with all products on our website and a 7 day money back guarantee with all products. See our terms and conditions for details.
Free delivery is for everthing for sale on the site, mattresses, beds, futons and bedroom furnishings anywhere mainland UK, with 99% of the deliveries carried out the next working day.
All of our mattresses conform to British Standard BS7177 and our products comply with all UK Fire Retardent regulations.
All prices include 20% VAT - Registration Number GB870022361