There's no better way to store your shoes than on a shoe rack. These simple furnishings help to bring order to the home and make getting ready to go out a breeze.
Shoe racks can be made of all kinds of materials:
- wood comes in a variety of finishes (paint, varnished, etc,);
- plastic tends to be used for individual storage boxes;
Shoe racks also differ in terms of design.
- Most shoe racks are divided by shelves. These models can be made of wood or galvanised steel. Some models are covered by a curtain to protect the shoes from dust and sunlight.
- Shoe cabinets are usually made of wood, chipboard or MDF.
These cabinets are equipped with doors and the shoes are placed on shelves inside the cabinet.
- Shoe storage units are made up of stacked compartments and drawers. They are usually made of MDF.
- A shoe storage bench can also be used as seating. These benches come in a variety of colours to match the rest of your interior.
- Plastic shoe boxes are usually transparent. Each box is designed to hold one pair of shoes.
Shoe racks and cabinets all differ in terms of capacity:
- the number of shelves can range from 2 to over 10 for the largest models;
- a shoe rack can hold anything from 6 to over 50 pairs of shoes;
- it is possible to find modular shoe racks to adapt to your needs;
- stackable models can be used to save space.
Your choice of shoe rack depends mainly on your needs (i.e. the amount of shoes you own) and the space you have available. If possible, it's best to pick a model to fill a space that's currently not in use. It's also important to think about style as your shoe rack or cabinet will form part of the décor of your room or walk-in wardrobe.