Shelves are storage solutions that can be used to hold books, ornaments, soft toys, household appliances or beauty products. Whether you're after a wall shelf, a freestanding unit or a corner shelf, these accessories form part of your home décor.
Shelving units come in a variety of designs:
- shelf units with storage boxes;
- kitchen shelf units including wheeled models;
- book shelves;
- modular shelf units comprising several cubes to assemble according to your needs.
Wall shelves can provide a stylish alternative to shelving units in rooms such as the living room and come in a few different designs:
- floating shelves to be fitted using invisible fasteners;
- shelves to be mounted on shelf battens and screwed into the wall;
- shelves fitted into slot shelving rails;
- shelves installed on shelf brackets;
- wire basket shelves to be screwed directly into the wall;
- corner shelves to be screwed into the wall or fitted using strong self-adhesive brackets;
- floating nightstands.
Shelves also differ in terms of material:
- wood is often the preferred option for book shelves;
- glass is ideal for holding trinkets or beauty products;
- wrought iron is perfect for traditionally decorated living rooms;
- aluminium can provide a modern touch to interiors;
- steel is a great option for the garage thanks to its strength;
- MDF is a cheaper alternative to solid wood and comes in a variety of colours.
Your choice of shelves depends on a number of factors including the amount of space you have available, the style of the room and the weight of the objects you want to display. It's also worth considering the level of moisture in a room for sensitive materials such as wood.