Cuprinol 5 Year Ducksback Fence Paint helps to protect sheds, fences and other rough sawn timbers in your garden. Available in a variety of colours, this wax enriched water repellent coating is easy to apply, quick to dry and safe to use around pets and plants. Your wood structures will enjoy protection for longer, and a contemporary look that looks fantastic in any setting.
Is Cuprinol Ducksback any good?
Cuprinol Ducksback is one of the best weather protection products for sheds and fences available on the market today. It offers up to 5 years of protection and one hour after application is already showerproof and ready to shield wood located in your garden.
What colour is Cuprinol Ducksback?
There is a great selection of Cuprinol Ducksback colours to choose from, so finding the right match for your fence or shed is made easy. In total there are 9 colours available: black, forest green, woodland moss, autumn gold, sliver copse, autumn brown, rich cedar, harvest brown and forest oak.
Is Cuprinol Ducksback Fence Paint water-based?
Cuprinol fence paint is water-based, providing a non-drip treatment for fences, sheds and other rough sawn timbers. It creates a smooth, water-repellent finish that ensures moisture runs cleanly off the surface of the wood without any issue.
Is Cuprinol Paint waterproof?
Cuprinol shed and fence protector offers waterproof protection, so the wood does not become saturated during rainfall. One hour after application it is fully showerproof and you will be able to see the wood beading as the rain reflects off the surface.
How many fence panels will 5L of paint cover?
The amount of coverage Ducksback fence paint provides will depend on the size of the product you purchase. You can cover up to 10 fence panels (1 coat) or 30mÂ² using the 5L tub.
How do you apply Cuprinol Ducksback Fence Paint?
To apply Ducksback paint to your fence, shed or other pieces of rough sawn timber, following these instructions:
- Stir Cuprinol Shed Paint thoroughly before use.
- Test the product first on a small section of the wood to ensure the level of colour and adhesion.
- Apply 2-3 coats along the grain of the wood, being sure to avoid any overlaps.
- Drying time between each coat should be 2-4 hours under normal weather conditions. This can vary depending on the condition of the surface and the weather environment.
- Recoat within a maximum of 2-3 days of the previous coat.
- Do not use Cuprinol Fence Paint when the temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius, or the conditions are damp, or if rainfall is likely to arrive before the product has fully dried.
- If there is a strong colour change, you may have to apply additional coats.
- The final colour in the tub may look different from the shade you see on the wood once dried.
- Once finished, try to remove as much product as possible from the rollers and brushes before using water to clean them.